For those using MOM 2005 to manage Exchange, note that Chris Harris of Microsoft advises that a new version of the Exchange Management Pack Configuration Wizard has been released.
The update fix list includes:
1. Crash due incorrect resource string when there is an error setting the messageTrackingEnabled property on the AD (Error msg: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.) This update means you no longer have to apply the .NET update for the Wizard to properly enable Message Tracking.
2. A valid domain is reported as not valid for the Mailbox Access Account if domain uses DNS in other forest (Error msg: "Invalid domain for the mailbox access account")
3. DCR: Wizard does not support NetBIOS domain names containing a period (.)
4. Wizard incorrectly matches a valid list of services to monitor if more than one service is inside double-quotes
5. Wizard incorrectly assumes that the AD schema has been extended for Exchange 2003 when configuring Exchange 2000 servers