The Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer (ExBPA) Management Pack can be used to deploy the ExBPA tool on computers running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003. Using a timed event, the tool will run automatically on each server and write any identified performance, scalability and availability issues to the Windows NT Event Log.
The ExBPA Management Pack will interpret these events and generate the appropriate alerts on the MOM Management Console.The ExBPA Management Pack works in tandem with the ExBPA tool:
- Identification of Exchange server configuration issues which could result in poor performance, scalability and unplanned downtime
- Automated analysis and root cause identification
- Support for third-party software and hardware
- Self-updating database and help content
- Links to over 500 articles on the Web
- Works with Exchange Server 2003, Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 5.5 (in mixed mode topologies