SecurExchange IMF edition extends the IMF by:
- Allowing any number of thresholds to be defined with different actions for each threshold range. For instance, a SCL rating of 4-6 can be assigned "Quarantine", while a SCL rating of 7-9 could be assigned "Delete"
- Providing additional actions available to a triggered message.
- Additional actions like "reroute", "move to any sub folder", "copy to user", "send a message", and others may be assigned. Moving a message to any subfolder does not require Outlook 2003.
- Allowing different thresholds and corresponding actions amongst different user groups.
- For instance in a school environment, the "staff" group may have messages quarantined for a SCL range, while the "students" group would have those messages deleted.
- Automatically or manually allow business partner's messages to bypass Exchange's IMF through SecurExchange's Friendly Domain capability, minimizing false positives generated by the IMF
- Creating Safe Sender's lists to prevent Exchange's IMF from archiving or deleting messages on the SMTP gateway / frontend server that exceed the gateway 's IMF threshold.