Live Communications Server 2005 SP1 improves on the features of Live Communications Server 2005 by extending the federation model, enhancing functionality, increasing security, and improving performance and infrastructure support. These improvements include:
- Tools to enable Public IM Connectivity; the ability to add contacts, send instant messages, and share presence information with users of the three main public IM service providers MSN, AOL and Yahoo!.
- Enhanced federation, which uses DNS-SRV resolution to simplify connecting to federation partners.
- New optional spim filters for better control of unsolicited instant messages.
- Support Microsoft Office Communicator 2005.
- Support for multiple tree Active Directory forests.
- Improved server API performance.
You can get specific information about this update in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article (897690): Description of Live Communications Server 2005 Service Pack 1.
Download At Source