Here's what Paul Bowden says:
1.1 provides some improvements and refinements to the overall ExBPA experience. There are no major code changes in 1.1, we've focused mainly on usability improvements.
Here's a quick list of the improvements in 1.1:
- You can in-place upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 (i.e. no need to remove previous versions from Add/Remove Programs)
- You can now specify the data directory (where the output XML files are kept)
- Ability to launch ExBPA at the end of the MSI install
- Incorporates the very latest ExBPA.Config.xml (configuration & rules) and ExBPA.chm files (version 184.108.40.206)
- ExBPA checks to see if a new version of the binaries are available (in addition to the ExBPA.Config.xml file)
- ExBPA can auto-download new binaries and perform in-place upgrades of the tool
- There's a new "Cancel this check" option if you wish to bypass update checking
- Better text and error messages
- Text clean-up in the user interface. Reworded many sentences.
- Uses a global catalog server rather than domain controller to ensure mailbox count is correct
- Validation performed on credentials (if entered)
- You can now enter an identifying label for the scan. This label will be part of the output XML filename as well.
- More report options providing a better breakdown of items found
- Non-Default Settings, Recently Changed Settings, and Baseline output is broken out into separate reports
- 'Items of Interest' report lists out all information events
- 'Run Time Log' shows the list of events and errors encountered during collection and analysis
- The 'Tell me more.' links for non-problem events (such as a Non-Default setting) is more appropriate
- Pressing CTRL-E on a node whilst in the Summary/Detailed View expands all child nodes (NOTE: This option can be resource intensive)
- Better support for launching non-IE browsers